Hạ Long Bay – a UNESCO World Heritage site and surely the best-known natural site in Việt Nam – is the country’s most popular destination for both Vietnamese and foreign visitors alike. The influx of visitors to Hạ Long Bay, while a very good sign for the local tourism industry, represents a major challenge to the environment, and unless the local authority maintains strict management and visitors display responsible behaviour, the future of this important World Heritage site could be seriously threatened.
Join us in our effort to keep Hạ Long Bay sustainable by cruising differently and responsibly. ASIAPLUS TOURS is proud to be among the pioneers of sustainable tourism in Hạ Long Bay and a prime contact for responsible travellers.
- We only cruise the bay with small groups
- Our special junk uses solar-charged batteries
- We follow a completely different itinerary approved only for boat companies that conform to and maintain eco-friendly standards. This itinerary allows you to appreciate the best parts of the bay far from the madding crowd.
- The junk can transform into sailing boat when possible
- This eco-friendly approach is especially designed to ensure that you tour Hạ Long Bay not only in style, but also in a truly sustainable manner.
- We offer a flexible itinerary and a schedule which is tailor-made to your need to spend time cruising, at leisure, kayaking, staying by the beach or hiking in the beautiful Cát Bà National Park.
Day 1: Hà Nội - Cát Bà - Hạ Long Bay (L, D)
6.30am pick up from your hotel and drive to the sea port city of Hải Phòng (the best time to be away from the crazy traffic in Hà Nội).
After two hours driving from Hà Nội to Hải Phòng, you take hydrofoil (speed boat) from Hải Phòng to Cát Bà Island (45 minutes).
Enjoy a fresh seafood lunch on Lan Hạ Bay as the junk takes you scenic areas of the bay with innumerable limestone islands.You can choose to kayak through narrow lagoons and tunnel caves or take your free time swimming and relaxing. Later in the afternoon, we anchor in a calm water area for dinner and experience a peaceful night on the junk against a beautiful mountain backdrop.
Note: Our boats are permitted to anchor for the night within the Cát Bà National Park, well away from the crowd of other diesel-powered boats. This is only possible because our boats have achieved eco-standard, approved by the park authorities because they emit no noise during the night and thus have no impact on local wildlife.
Our anchoring place is also fully secured and guarded by the Cát Bà National Park authorities. And to ensure safety and comfort for travellers, all of our boats are equipped with auto water-level warning system, strictly following safety standards. All of our cabins are equipped with fans and private bathrooms.
Day 2: Hạ Long Bay - Cát Bà - Hà Nội (B, L)
An early rise is recommended to witness sunrise on the bay. After breakfast, the junk continues to weave through the magnificent rock formations until you disembark at 11am. Take your time for short walk to discover Cát Bà island before having lunch in a local restaurant. Then you’ll take the hydrofoil from Cát Bà back to Hải Phòng for the drive back to Hà Nội (arriving around 5,30pm-6pm).